OPTIC supports professional development across a wide variety of settings, such as:
- Evaluator training
- New teacher or principal induction programs
- Mentor training
- Educator Preparation supervisor training
- Partnership calibration
PK-12 districts and educator preparation organizations can use OPTIC to facilitate calibration training focused on topics such as:
- How do educators in your district/organization interpret proficient practice? Does that interpretation differ from school to school, or from program to program?
- Do educators in your district/organization interpret proficient practice differently from others across the state?
- As a district or organization, what do you expect to see in any classroom as evidence of a given element of the rubric, regardless of that teacher’s experience level, grade, or content area?
- What is high-quality feedback?